Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vinylmations!!

Since before Sean and I were married, multiple discussions have come up about where to display Sean's ever growing collection of Vinylmation figurines.  Usually the conversation would just turn into jokes and I would never give into Sean's display ideas.  
But, because Sean has been so understanding about my hesitations to display them in the house, I decided he deserved to be rewarded for his sweet patience.  I was thinking about surprising him with the display, but soon realized that it was going to be hard to set it all up without any of his input and help.  I came up with the idea and pitched it to him, and he instantly loved it and we started going to town!!
We made a few trips to Home Depot, and were painting and measuring and drilling holes over the last few days. There was some trial and error with paint colors, hanging options, and figuring out how to display them all.  Sean worked so hard, and it was fun to listen to him talk about his strategic placement of each figurine.  

Sean and his handiwork!


It is such a happy edition to our little home, and we are both thrilled with how well our first little home project together has turned out!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited that I am to have guardianship of these critters in the event something happens to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually they are being buried with me, so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, by the way, it turned out really good! nice handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH! I only have one.... i need to catch up! Mine is Captain Jack Sparrow!

    ReplyDelete