Friday, April 22, 2016

MHA Capstone

This morning I had my MHA Capstone presentation.  It was the culmination of my two year experience in the program.  I wanted Cory to be there to see my presentation, so we got a babysitter for Emmy.  This semester, my team and I have been working on a proposal for our ECHO D initiative, a mobile diabetes clinic in Shelby County.  We put hours of work into it over the last four months and it all boiled down to this twenty minute presentation.  I was super proud of our team.  It felt good to know a topic so thoroughly, and answering the faculty questions at the end of the presentation was a breeze.  Insert motivational quote about preparation here!


In addition to the things I learned during our preparation, I also really honed my PowerPoint skills.  I made the slides for the UAB Case Competition, so I used that momentum to create a custom slide deck for our capstone project.  I played around on PowerPoint for a good amount of time trying things out.  Cory snapped a photo on the down low during my opening remarks.


After the presentations, the faculty deliberated and we all passed.  Technically, that should mean we get our degrees, but we still have two weeks left of class.  It is starting to feel a bit like the last week of high school, though.  The end is in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment