Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Daddy-Daughter Date

Mom wasn't feeling too hot today, so Emmy and I went out for some one-on-one time.  It's Tuesday, so you know where we went.  The zoo! For free!  I take a picture of the silverback gorilla every trip, because he is my favorite animal.  


I like best when Emmy can actually see the animals and is interested in them.  That may sound like common sense, but it only happens at about 10% of the exhibits.  You know how zoos are, half of the animals are nestled up in a corner of their habitat that you can barely see, which means Emmy definitely cannot see.  She also is only really interested if they are moving and are within about 15 yards of her.  Today's big winners were the sea lions!  They were pretty active and swimming right in front of where Emmy was standing.  She curiously watched them go back and forth.  


I kept trying to take pictures for Cory to help her feel better at home, and what better way to heal her than to see a selfie?  Better yet, a selfie with the elephants.  Cory really likes the elephants.


After the zoo we got shared an ice cream at Sam's Club.  I loved my little date with Emmy.  Hopefully she will take me out again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment