Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Softball

Sean and I joined a co-ed softball team for the summer.  I think it only lasts about 2 weeks, so maybe I can't say for the summer.
We are on the team with some people from Sean's old ward and some of his roommates, Shane & Joseph.  I was pretty hesitant to join, but luckily I had to make a quick decision and I said yes!
I honestly, have never played softball in my life.  I have played catch, or hit a few balls, but never for real!  I was nervous and did not want to be that person on the team that they stick out in right field.

Don't get me wrong though, I definitely will volunteer myself for right field, it's safe out there, but who wants to be picked for it?

Luckily Olivia, the girl that put the team together, organized a practice the night before our first game.  Sean and I showed up and I was pretty excited to get some practice in.  After successfully catching the ball multiple times I began to feel more confident, things were looking up.  Then it was time to bat, and I could do that too!!  The practice was a huge confidence boost, and I felt excited for the game!
Big thanks to Sean for helping coach me and showing me the ropes of being a big time softball player, cause let's be honest he is a pro...remember this: Spring Softball

The night of our game I was nervous to play out field because I cannot throw the ball far...AT ALL... it's like a bad joke.  I watch other people launch it insane distances and I can't even throw it 20 feet and have it not hit the ground before it reaches the person.  But I played out there the whole night, and some how, yes, I did end up in right field.


Sean was amazing as always making catches and awesome plays.  He pitched too, which I loved because it made me much less nervous when I was batting, just like practice.

 So, to avoid the play by play of the whole game...we tied, it was insane.  It came down to the last batter and we tied, it was pretty nerve wracking.  I will take a tie game like that over a loss any day...but I guess anyone would, except the other team.


I scored 2 runs and brought a lot of people home.  I became infamous for my hits that ended up inches from home plate, it worked really well for me.  I didn't have any great catches like Sean, but man did I come close.

Can't wait for our next game!

No comments:

Post a Comment