Thursday, June 28, 2012

New Phone Plan

Now that Sean and I are married we decided we wanted to get a phone plan together so we weren't on our parents anymore.  Trying to be completely independent is hard, it takes so much time and there are so many things to think about.  We've been looking into phone plans and car insurance and health insurance.  It sometimes seems like a never ending list of things to do and people to call and there are so many different options.  It's hard to know what will be best or what is a good deal.

We finally made a decision about our phone plan.  I swear we went into the AT&T store at least 10 times.  We had so many questions about transferring numbers and discounts, activation and cancellation fees, new contracts and upgrades.  It has been good to learn about how it all works, but sometimes I can't believe how complicated they make it.

We finally went in on Wed. night to get everything all figured out and get our own phone plan started.  I thought we had it all figured out, I thought we had asked all the right questions.  Boy was I wrong.

We got there and as we got started the process got more and more difficult.  There were credit checks and large deposits that needed to be made.  Luckily we got around that, but it seemed at every turn something else came up.  Another fee, or another charge, for things that seem so silly.  I almost lost it, but it was a good thing Sean was there and he kept his cool.  The poor girl helping us was probably a little scared I was going to explode right there at the counter.

With a little more confusion and tons of explaining we finally got our new phone plan and phones.  I wasn't planning on getting a new phone, but the longer we were there the more and more it seemed that would be the best option.  So, we both walked out happy, with shiny new phones, brand new phone numbers, and achey feet.  We were there for over 2 hours, way past the time the store is supposed to close.

So, this post was long and boring and probably extremely uninteresting.  But to me it was definitely a "grown up and married" experience.  Makes me appreciate all the times my mom did this and took care of all that kind of stuff when I was still single.  Can't say I'm looking forward to any more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment