Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Peaks

Sean and I made our way to the Peaks...Seven Peaks that is...and we had quite a time.
We roped some friends into coming with us and it was such a fun day!
I feel like Sean and I's schedules don't really allow for a lot of lounge time outside in the beautiful summer weather.  But, with careful planning we finally had some summer fun.

The smell of chlorine and sunscreen made it feel like summer, and although it was only about 75 outside, it was hot enough and the water was calling us.
We started the day off on a racing ride where you ride down on mats and everyone goes at once and you race to see who is fastest.  I stunned everyone with my quick starts, but couldn't seem to keep up my speed to get as far as Kyle or Sean.  They both would blast past everyone at the end of the slide.  Since last time Sean and I went on this ride we both were injured, we had a pretty bad taste in our mouth.  This time it was loads of fun, and we would hop and make our way back to the top for another run.
We bought tubes and rode all the tube rides, sadly I ended up getting whiplash on the Boomerang? (I can't remember what it was called).  Anna, Stephanie and I rode on a huge three person tube on that one, I was in the back and my neck was flung way back on the way down.  Apparently the tell you to tuck your chin to your chest for a reason.  That one is definitely a thrill and I get so scared every time!  I scream the whole way down and the screams keep coming until we are completely stopped.  Sean may say he is just teasing me when he screams, but I know it's just to hide that is freaking out too!

After riding rides all day I was exhausted, and famished.  The boys headed over to the wave pool for some more fun, while the girls lounged and made our way to the concessions!  Nothing like over priced food and half naked people running around to get your senses tingling.  Anna got a hot dog and I got funnel fries (a variation on the funnel cake) for us to share.  Hit the spot, now I am craving real funnel cake!


We are sunburned and sore, but it was a super day.  Can't wait to visit again once our sunburns stop throbbing!  With our pass of all passes it's like going to seven peaks for free, whenever we want!
Yay, for it finally feeling like summer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment