Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Major Surgery for Dad

I got an ingrown toenail removed.  I have been dealing with it for the past 6 months or so, but just periodically have Cory dig it out while I lay back on the bed biting a piece of leather.  I actually had two removed (both big toes) while on my mission in Argentina, and this experience was SO much nicer.  I was telling my podiatrist all about my Argentina experience and he was shocked and appalled by my nail removal experience down there, as well as Cory "helping" me for the past six months.  He had me all fixed up in about 20 minutes, and I didn't feel a thing. 


I forgot, though, how difficult it is to walk after having something like that done. My big toe was still numb for a bit, so it was really hard to balance.  I spent the rest of the night when my foot propped up, but it will be so nice to not accidentally bump my toe into something and have unbearable pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment