Friday, June 3, 2016

National Donut Day

Each year of our marriage there comes a special day that Cory eagerly anticipates, remembers, and plans for, while I, without fail, forget.  Don't get me wrong, the day is important to me, too, but it just sneaks up on me.  It is not on my radar at all until Cory inevitably says, "Do you know what tomorrow is?"  I scramble for the answer, going through every major date in our family and relationship timeline.  A twinge of guilt stabs my heart.  "No, I'm sorry."  Cory's smile fades just a little, the disappointment barely detectable.  I have let her down once again. 

"It's National Donut Day.  Free donuts at Krispy Kreme tomorrow."

HOW COULD I FORGET???

Every year Cory somehow has June 3rd programmed in her internal clock and remembers the somehow-not-fake holiday.  And every year we go and get free donuts at Krispy Kreme.  This year was no different.  Emmy is proud to be an American, where we have a day dedicated to donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment