Saturday, June 11, 2016

FedEx St. Jude Classic

Our time is winding down in Memphis.  We leave next week!  One of the last big things left on the calendar besides packing everything up is the FedEx St. Jude Classic.  The FESJC is a PGA golf tournament hosted here in Memphis.  I signed up months ago to be a volunteer and was asked to join the Island Club Committee.  Basically, I worked a hospitality venue on the 11th hole island green holding up a sign for people to be quiet while the golfers were putting.  It was awesome.  I got into the tournament for free the whole week.  I got a ton of free gear.  I got to basically stand and watch golf all day, and I saw some big names.  This was my view all week.


You see that man in the green shirt?  That's Phil Mickelson.  Before my shift one day I watched him tee off on the first hole, and he walked by probably about 5 feet away from me.  I will probably be really good at golf now.  I also saw other players like Ernie Els, Steve Stricker, Dustin Johnson, etc.


I loved it.  I loved the atmosphere and being a part of the tournament.  Holding my "Hush Y'all" sign was an easy task in exchange for a couple days of spectating.  I'm a little sad I won't be able to do it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment