Sunday, July 21, 2013

Page is in the House!

So as I mentioned, my mom came down for a few days and brought me my grandpa's old golf clubs, but that wasn't her purpose in coming down.  My parents have been in their newly built house now for about eight months, and they are putting some finishing touches on their interior decor and furniture.  Hence, Mama Gilmore came down for some shopping!  She got to come to one of our softball games (Cory and I played co-ed softball again, and had some fun games and great plays, but we lost in the tournament).  She and I also went and caught a movie together just like old times.  One of the highlights, though, has to be our dinner at La Jolla Groves.  Anytime I have been to this place, it is amazing.  Their beef medallions in mango and ginger sauce is ridiculously delicious.  We all agreed we need to go back when Dad is here, too.


After our dinner we walked the Riverwoods a bit and came across our favorite French cookie cake treat kiosk, "le petit Macaron".  I have joked about this place to Cory since we were in the early stages of dating.  Of course we had to buy some to try.


So actually, I am not the hugest fan, but they are still fun to pick out and taste test.


The rest of our time was spent visiting and playing games at home.  Cory joined in on one of our long standing family traditions, which is playing Rummy for vast periods of time.  I like when Cory plays, because for some reason I was doing really well.  Keep up the good work Cory, and a big thanks to Mom for coming down and entertaining us for a little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment