Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chickens and Sequoias

I am mostly writing this post to look back on as proof that our life has plenty in it to spice it up.  We may not be traveling the world, but every once in a while something happens during the day that breaks up the monotony of both of us working all day.  This month, it was chickens.  We walked out one day to see a flock of chickens wandering around our courtyard.  How random is that?  Whose are they?  How did they get here?  Would we get in trouble for eating one?  All of these questions went unanswered over the course of two or three days.  We woke up one morning to the sound of clucking outside of our window.  That is when Cory called animal control, and the chickens haven't been seen since.  I kind of miss them now.


If there is anything weirder than chickens in your courtyard, it is stupid people that park their Toyota Sequoia in the entrance to our parking garage, thus blocking exit to anyone who is trying to go to work.  Seriously though, who does this?  I walked out there and called management, waited for 20 minutes, and then watched as some lady came out apologizing over and over again that her car was too tall to fit into the garage, so she didn't think to back out and park anywhere on the street.  I was standing there in my white shirt and tie, with my white MTC badge on, and I think she thought I was some sort of parking official.  I capitalized and told her she needed to move her car immediately, and that she needed to park on the street in the future unless she had a parking permit for our facility.  


It still baffles me she left the car parked there for 20 minutes.  I can maybe see someone thinking it would be alright for 1-2 minutes.  Anyway, thank-YOU Toyota Sequoia lady for keeping our lives exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment