Thursday, July 18, 2013

Grandpa's Legacy

I think Cory is probably surprised at how passionate I have become about golf in a very short period of time.  I am a little surprised myself, but I have been going more and more this summer with friends.  I knew my mom would be coming down to visit, so I asked her to bring down my Grandpa's old golf clubs that he left me to see if they would be an upgrade from the clubs I was using at the time.  It was a definite upgrade.  It was funny, though, to see his old bag that was pretty much falling apart.  He could have easily gotten a new one, but I'm sure he figured there was no need as long as his old bag got the job done.  I found some old sun screen and a price list for Los Angeles golf courses from 1984.  FYI:  It was like $4 to play 9 holes with a cart back then.  


So I unloaded everything after Cory went to sleep and carefully decided what I wanted to keep from both sets of clubs.  It was fun, and I really wanted to go play, but it was like midnight.  


The next day I headed to Deseret Industries to look for a cheap bag and ended up finding a pretty nice one for $5.  Here is the finished product.  


I am ready to get out there and see if any of my Grandpa's skill is still trapped in those clubs.  We all know I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment