Thursday, February 14, 2013

How Do I Love Thee?

Let me count the ways...

So for Valentine's Day I thought I would write a little love post to Cory.  I am not the most poetic person, so I thought I would borrow some words from the greatest minds of history.  The post title comes from Elizabeth Barrett Browning.  


You smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in Heaven
For you are mine at last.
-Etta James


Just shout whenever, and I'll be there
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never, ever, ever be apart.
-Justin Bieber


Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date...
...But thy eternal summer shall not fade
-William Shakespeare


Love is a battlefield.
-Pat Benatar


I am pressed to say why I loved her,
I feel it can only be explained by replying:
"Because it was she; because it was me."
-Montaigne


I love you, not only for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you.
-Roy Croft


All you need is love,
but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
-Charles M. Schulz


Grow old along with me;
the best is yet to be.
-Robert Browning


I love being married.
It's so great to find one special person 
you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
-Rita Rudner

No man is truly married until he understands
 every word his wife is NOT saying.
-unknown

To laugh often and love much...
to appreciate beauty,
to find the best in others,
to give one's self...
this is to have succeeded.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


I love you like a fat kid loves cake.
-50 Cent


I love you.
Happy Valentine's Day!
-Sean Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment