Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wyoming Open House


Fresh home from Hawaii we find ourselves putting our little apartment together and making sure everything has a place.  It is starting to feel like home, but last weekend we left Provo once again and headed to Powell for an open house/reception my parents were putting on for Cory and me.  Cory worked on Friday, so we hit the road as soon as she was off at around 5 and didn't get to my parent's house until almost 1:00 AM.  It was a long drive but we were happy to be there.  It was going to be a short trip though, as Cory and I had taken a lot of time off for our trip to Hawaii.  The reception was beautiful and although my mother seemed to find fault in the smallest of her efforts she really did put on a great party.  It was good to see our little family going to work to help make it special for us.  My mom and dad were making trips back and forth, and so were Lacey and Chris, making sure all the details were just right and ensuring our guests would have a lovely time.  Lacey took some pictures, but then we had Tessa, a family friend from the ward there, take pictures once it started.  Unfortunately I don't know where I can access those pictures so these will have to do.  Cory isn't even in any of these because she was still at home getting ready.


So one of the many sweet things about the reception was the cake in a jars!  Pun intended...get it...sweet things...whatever.  So there were four flavors and they were in individual jars for perfectly sized servings.  The rest of the food was delicious as well.  My mom made her meatballs which I love, they had chicken on a stick from the Chinese restaurant in town, and we also had cheese souffle bites, which were also surprisingly irresistible.   


Cory had these same straws at our reception in Utah.  It was not planned or coordinated, just an interesting side-note.


The fabric Mom used for the tablecloths was pretty cool as well and went perfectly with my suit and tie.  There was also a birdhouse theme at each table, which actually turned out cool.  We liked it anyway.  


We brought our sign in sheet from our reception in Utah, which was a tree with leaves that each guest could sign to show they were there.  Once again, it complemented the bird theme without having planned anything ahead of time.  I guess the decorating powers at be were trying to tell us it was a good fit.


Ebin and Rhiannon were so patient cooped up in that church all day, but we passed the time as I taught them some new dance moves.  I told Rhiannon she would be instantly popular once she mastered this move:


If you look above as well, you will see Cory on the slideshow we had playing all night.  She is on the right with her little sister Anna to the left.  So I guess she made it into a picture after all.


As thank-you gifts for those who came we had little jars of almonds...I'm sure there is a fancier name for the type of almonds, but I don't remember.  Almonds are almonds to me.


Overall it was a great night, and we got to see and meet so many nice people who came to congratulate us.  We are blessed to have a family that went to so much length to celebrate us not only in Utah , but in Wyoming as well.  The next day it was already time to say goodbye as we headed back to Provo.  Hopefully we will be able to spend some more quality time with everyone in the near future.  Thanks so much everyone who made our wedding day, reception, and open house so awesome!!! 


GREAT JOB MOM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment