Sunday, May 20, 2012

Date Night

Sean teeing off by a huge waterfall (top left), That's me (top right),
 Sean putting through the rock cave (bottom left),
Me and the mini Lincoln Memorial...the whole course was Americana theme (bottom right).

We have been planning this little date night trip to Trafalga all week.  We got the Pass of All Passes and have been dying for our first chance to use them.  Free mini golf is enough to get Sean and I way excited and then add onto that free entry into Seven Peaks, this is definitely going to be a fun Summer.

To start off the date we headed up to Sandy to the Bed Bath and Beyond to pick out bedding.  There was a duvet cover we were eyeing at the Orem store, but it was all sold out and Sandy had what we wanted.  It was exciting picking everything out and even though I was pumped for mini golf I was super anxious to get home and put all of our new bedding on.  Sleeping without sheets for the last few weeks has been interesting, to say the least.

After picking out sheets and shams and bed skirts, which I am sure Sean just loved, we grabbed a little dinner.  We ate at a Chipotle that was nearby, their burrito's are really really really really really just alright.  I had never eaten there and Sean said it was pretty good, so we thought why not.  We both felt super hipster since that place is all about organic, recycling, and cilantro.  I wanted to stop into Nothing Bundt Cakes, but they were closed already.  They have the cutest little cakes, whenever people have them for weddings or parties at work they always look so good!

Last and final stop was TRAFALGA!!  We got in line to get our passes, and can I just say their were some interesting people there.  I got my name printed on my card as Cory Gilmore, so awesome and super official (even though it really doesn't mean anything).  Sean kept asking me how I was gunna pose in my picture and then kept looking at me all creepy so I am laughing really hard in the photo on my pass.  The girl even asked me if I wanted to take it again.  No, I don't want to take it again, those are memories!
The mini golf course was neat with all the American themed holes, and I even got a hole in one on the second hole!  Seany got a hole in one on the 16th hole.  So awesome, and way cooler than anything else we did the whole night, so I think I will just end with that...fine I'll tell some more stuff, my neck is just starting to hurt.

Sean and I were so close the whole night, one of us would get ahead by one and then on the next hole the other would inch back up and it just went back and forth all night.  But, I won, what else is new.  It ended up being 48-50, so close!

We headed inside to explore and decided to do the indoor mini golf course, too.  It had black lights and neon paint and when we got up there we saw that it was HAWAII theme.  We were loving it!  They had beach murals, the skyline of Waikiki, a fire dancer, and lots of stuff that took us back to our honeymoon...ahhh, so romantic!!  The music was all Hawaiian and it was neat to see all the little murals and mementos of Hawaii, kind of made me miss it.  We didn't keep score on that one, but I know I won.

Once we got home we put all of our new bedding on and snuggled up to blog, currently one of our favorite past times.  The bedding looks and feels great.  Pictures to come!!


No comments:

Post a Comment