Monday, May 28, 2012

Busy Saturday Night

By the weekend Sean and I had a full list of people to see and activities to attend.  It had been a long week of work for me and I was looking forward to relaxing and seeing some fun people.
Sean met me up at work and we went to a little dinner with 2 of my friends from work and their significant others.  Brad Neil is out maintenance guy, and Megan Bird works as a concierge with me.
All the food was delicious, we ate these absolutely huge steaks and Sean couldn't keep his hands off the Spinach and artichoke dip.  Then we got a whole lesson on why meat from a cow that is grass fed should taste better and be better for you than steak that is corn fed.  It was super interesting and all but...let's get to something was more interesting!!!
This little beauty:


Yea, I made that.  I was definitely more excited about this than anything else we had planned for the night.  I made it in my new trifle bowl I got as a wedding gift.  I was so excited to use it, and was so proud of how it turned out.
I found this super yummy recipe for a chocolate trifle and it turned out better than I expected.  Yummy brownies, cool whip and pudding made with sweetened condensed milk.  It was amazing and I fed it to anybody who would eat it!  By the end of the night it was all gone.

After dinner we went to a birthday Party for Denisse that works with me at Noah's.  Sean ran into a Spanish professor he had at BYU.  He was sure she wouldn't recognize him, but she came right up and started chatting.  Because Sean is the smartest and most handsome boy in the whole world (I'ts okay to brag on my baby, right?) he could inform her of his A and receipt of a candy bar for doing the best on his homework.
It was fun seeing Tiffany and Ron at the party and we all had tons of laughs.  It's nice to finally have Sean really meet them so he can see what life at work is like.  Let's be honest, it's the best and always fun!!   Sean had me doing dance moves by the front desk and Tiffany and Ron could not stop laughing.  Oh Sean, why did you make me do that?!?

Then we headed home and met up with the Sabey's.  Cute Tyler and Emma, and they are so in love and so precious to each other.  I don't them super well, but I know that Tyler is a special person to Sean and I have loved getting to know them as I have gotten closer to Sean.  We went bowling, and talked about Newlywed stuff, the best parts about being married, funny gifts, how we made out with tons of loot from our weddings. We had a good time and although the Sabey's beat us in couples bowling, we gave them a run for their money at the end.

We were party hopping all night!  Sean is the greatest partner, I couldn't imagine having anyone else by my side.  He is funny and cute and loves talking and getting to know people.  It makes me happy that he wants to get to know people that are important to me.

All in all, the Chocolate Trifle was a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment