Saturday, February 11, 2017

Young Men's Retreat

Recently I was called to be the Secretary of the Young Men's program at church.  It is my first time ever working with the youth group since I became an adult.  I am actually really excited about it, and hope to develop some strong relationships with the boys.  One of the first activities we had planned after I joined was a weekend retreat to the Young Men's President's ranch.  He has a beautiful property on a lake about an hour outside of Dallas.  


We played sports, grilled out, fished, roasted marshmallows, shot shotguns, and so much more.  It was a really fun trip.


I bet this is a great retreat in the summer.


The only criticism I have of the entire experience came at night.  Cory has heard me express many times that I am very uncomfortable with the idea of things hanging on the wall above where I sleep.  I don't want pictures or wall hangings to come crashing down on me while I lay there unconscious.  Well, it just so happened that I was on a pull out sofa bed under this huge guy...


Luckily, he stayed put the whole night and I was not crushed to death.  Successful trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment