Saturday, February 25, 2017

Lego Americana

I heard about this cool Lego display that was going on for a few weeks at a nearby mall.  It was a bunch of American monuments and buildings that have been made completely out of Lego's.  Sean has never been up to the New England area to see any of these so we thought it would be fun to see them all in Lego version!


Jefferson Memorial
Cal was not impressed.  He wanted to see the real deal! 


Emmy and Sean with the Capitol Building.  They had signage up to say the scaled down size of the displays and I wish I could remember them all.  The Capitol building was the largest display.


If you can't got to the real white house, this is the next best thing...right??


This looks huge since it's zoomed in.  I was impressed they even had a little lego Abraham Lincoln inside the Lincoln memorial


With Emmy in front you get a better idea of the size of it.  She liked looking inside the windows and at the roof tops.


Supreme Court


Independence Hall


 Old North Church.

I had never heard of this one, but Sean said it was the one that Paul Revere rode to and where they lit the lanterns in the steeple.  The famous phrase is "one if by land and two if by sea."
I felt kind of silly when he said that because obviously I knew this story.


The Liberty Bell was a 1:1 scale model.  So cool, and even had the crack in it.  You weren't supposed to touch but it was hard not to reach out and want to feel them all.


Washington Monument
Somewhere there are pictures of me in front of some of these monuments when I visited D.C with my mom and Anna before my freshmen year of high school.



My personal favorite was the statue of liberty.  It had the most color going on...and real fire!!  Ok, not really.



At the end of our little tour they had an area set up where you could put together a take home packet to build your own White house.


Emmy's too cute little face trying to concentrate on getting her Lego pieces.  Her and Sean got a packet and were eager to get home to start building.


Emmy and Dad hard at work.  Dad is a Lego pro, and was able to show Emmy the ropes of following the instructions step by step.  She loved passing him pieces, even though they weren't always the right pieces.


Finished product and proud girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment