Monday, January 30, 2017

Grandma Buzz Visit

End of January meant a much needed visit from Grandma!  Calvin is growing so fast and Sean and I were due for a date night out from the best newborn babysitter.  It's always nice when Grandma's come into town and happily offer up their free and expert babysitting services.


Emmy showed Grandma the ropes at the indoor playground at the Galleria Mall.  She showed off her sliding skills, mountain climbing skills and running and jumping skills. 


Sean and I took a much needed date night out.  He took me down to the Bishop Arts District for some yummy hipster pie.  We aren't hipster, but we do enjoy over priced pie!


I think part of it being expensive is that they wrap it up really cute so that you will then take a picture and post it on your social media and tag them in the photo for all of your friends to see which is then free advertising for them.  So tricky!!


Needless to say I got the coconut cream. It was delicious.  The hot chocolate however...not so much.  Is anyone else annoyed with all hot chocolate, from places that also serve coffee, always tasting like coffee.  It seems to happen to us all the time. 


Sean waiting for our pie.  The store was so tiny with limited seating and the line was out the door and down the sidewalk.  Luckily we had each other to snuggle while waiting.  So glad we are going on 5  years married.  First dates waiting in long lines in the cold are so awkward. 


I also got the special treat of doing a temple session with my mom.  It has been a long time since I have gone with her and also a long time since I have been able to do a session, what with the baby growing and birthing and all.  The Dallas temple closed for a whole month at the beginning of October and that was the last time I was able to go.  We of course grabbed a selfie on the way out.  Which was surprisingly difficult since we wanted to get the angel Moroni in with us.  We were finally able to get all three of us together.


We concluded the visit with an afternoon at the playground.  A top choice for our Emmy.  She is an animal on the slides and has no fear.


Or course having Daddy by her side makes it all the more fun.  This huge slide is one of her favorites and she completed it multiple time with and without Daddy.  She is always all smiles and skipping each time she gets to the bottom.


Pretty girls on the water.


Emmy's super fine baby hair was no match for static electricity, I thought it was a good look though.


Grandma made many comments about how long Calvin's lashes were.  Which I hadn't really noticed.  I snapped this pic of them at the park and realized that they are acutally quite long.  I now have lash envy for my 2 1/2 mos. old son.

No comments:

Post a Comment