Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Ultrasound

This was a day that was much anticipated by both Sean and I.  Leading up I was having a lot of nervous feelings.  While we were sitting in the waiting room, Sean was getting nervous and had sweaty palms.  It did seem like a really big moment for us and the pregnancy, and it was exciting to know that we would be finding out so many things about our baby all in one moment.  We were already super in love with the baby and were so excited to find out how everything was going and looking in my belly.  Of course, we also were so anxious to know the gender!

The actual ultrasound was very peaceful.  The lights were dimmed and the tech was super sweet, nice, and excited for us. I laid down on the table and she covered me with some warm gel and went to town!

It was so amazing to see our little one moving around inside.  They were moving around so much.  It's surprising that I can barely feel flutters every now and then with how much they were kicking and wiggling.


Even though it was one of the last things we were able to see, I will tell you now...It's a GIRL!


We took tons of measurements and saw so many cool images of the baby.  Her heart, spine, stomach, arms, legs, and cute little profile.  I couldn't believe how perfect she was already.  She measured a few days small but nothing to change the due date over, she is just a petite little lady. 

Our technician said the baby was breech, but she would most likely move in the next 20 weeks.  Also, she told us that my placenta was low, but again it would most likely move before the birth.

Sean's favorite thing we saw was her whole spine from head to bum.  It was so cool that we could see all the little bones from top to bottom down her whole back.

My favorite thing we saw was her little legs kicking in the amniotic fluid, it was getting all stirred up and looked like she was kicking up glitter in the womb.

We got some printed off pics of her and I scanned them and sent them all to my family.

My favorite is the profile with her little fist by her face!



I had totally prepared myself for the little one to be a boy.  Mostly because I really wanted a girl and didn't want to be disappointed when it was a boy.  I think I was very unsure of what the gender would be, but was definitely convincing myself it would be a boy.

I know I would have been excited either way, but I was pretty shocked when it was a girl.  I had been preparing myself so much for a boy that when she said it was a girl I was stunned.  I think Sean and I both were.  We were both silent, and I had little tears streaming down my face.  The tech must have been surprised by our reaction because she said, "Is that alright?"  She probably thought we were sitting in frustrated silence about our little lady.  It was definitely the opposite.

Sean thinks he will be a better first time dad to a little girl, and I am so excited to see him as our little baby girls Daddy.

It all feels more real now that we have a gender to put with the baby.  Now time for some baby girl clothes shopping.

1 comment:

  1. We are os excited for you and your growing family, can't wait till we can see pictures of her after she is born.

    ReplyDelete