Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

This year is a special Mother's Day because Cory is pregnant.  Cory has that little baby all safe and snug, just like a good momma should, and that is a cause for celebration!



I have no doubt in my mind or heart that Cory is going to be an amazing mother to our children, mainly, because she is already an amazing mother to me.  Cory must have learned it from somewhere, which is why I can't now celebrate any Mother's Day without recognizing and feeling grateful for my mother-in-law, Buzz (a.k.a. Paula).


I will freely admit that I never expected to get along so well with my mother-in-law.  She is going to be such a fun grandma!  Cory and I went up for a surprise visit to tell her about the baby, and I mentioned to Cory how fun her house will be for our kids.  Buzz keeps us laughing, and taught me everything I know about horses.  Literally.


I am very grateful that Cory has her mother in her life, especially with all our exciting changes happening.  I know Buzz is and will continue to be a source of strength and wisdom for Cory throughout the pregnancy, which is good because she will be getting none of that from me...


Of course, no Mother's Day would be complete without going back to the reason for the season, my mother.  Nothing is ever quite as good as the original.  For a long time, my mother knew more about me than I knew about myself, and that is when I had to tell her to quit being so nosy!  


In all seriousness, though, I have you to thank for most of the successes I've had in my life.  The successes that you aren't responsible for were sheer dumb luck.  I have never questioned for a moment whether or not my mother loved me, or if she had my interests at heart.  I have laughed harder with you than anyone, cried more with you than anyone (though Cory might pass you soon. When did I get so sensitive?), and stayed up later watching movies with you than anyone.


Thank you for investing so much into me, and also into my wife.  I can't wait for our babies to be held by you, sung to by you, and spoiled by you.  Cory and I also won't mind being spoiled every once in a while.  You are now officially the babushka, or just Bushka for short.  Mama Bear, Mama Panda, Bushkamama, Panda Bushka, Mommy, Mom, you are one of a kind!


Save a ride with me to Neverland sometime!

1 comment:

  1. There truly is nothing like our mom .... and it seems you now have two, soon to be three if your life.

    ReplyDelete