Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all.  Cory and I spent our 2nd Valentine's day as a married couple together this year.  It was awesome.  When we were dating, I feel like I usually bought flowers for Cory for every special occasion.  That isn't a bad thing, but this year I wanted to get her something that would last longer than a few days.  So I still got her a rose, but also got her some massage oil and a wooden, back massage tool thing.  It is cool.  Cory has chronic itchy and achy back.  It is a real disease and a real struggle.  Hopefully my gifts will help.  Cory got me some awesome new shoes that I have had my eye on for some time.


So the big surprise of the day was that we actually got to spend it together!  Cory had been telling me all week about how she had to work until 2 AM, and so I was planning on spending the evening alone.  On my way home from work I actually considered just going straight to a movie theater, but decided to at least change clothes first.  As I opened the door, I found a nice dinner waiting for me.  Cory never had to work, she just wanted it to be a surprise!  She is the sweetest girl!  She even made gnocchis, which I ate regularly in Argentina, and had just been mentioning them a few weeks earlier.


For all who are wondering, we are still in love!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day ... those Gnocchi's look delicious.

    ReplyDelete