Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is an important holiday for the Gilmore clan.  We celebrate every year by eating our corned beef and cabbage, and watching the classic, Darby O'Gill and the Little People (though I have discovered more and more as I have gotten older that people don't even know what movie I am talking about. Nevertheless, it is a classic.)  This year was our first St. Patrick's holiday married, and we decided to invite our friends over to join in the festivities.

Cory watched Darby O'Gill with me last year when we were engaged, and has always been a trooper when it comes to my hyper-enthusiastic view on my traditions.  It did, though, make me laugh out loud when after I said we would be watching Darby O'Gill she said, "What?  We have to watch it again?"  YES!  EVERY YEAR!

Cory made a green cake to serve, and our friends brought over various green treats.  We got the idea the night before to have Sprite poured over lime sherbet so we raced to two different grocery stores only to find out that everyone had the same idea.  Both places were sold out, so we got some rainbow sherbet that had lime as one of the flavors.  Cory cleverly pointed out that our rainbow sherbet was more Irish anyway, considering leprechauns are at the end of rainbows.  She totally understands me.  Love that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment