Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sigma Delta Pi



You are currently reading the post of the newest member of Sigma Delta Pi, the Spanish National Honor Society.  It isn't actually that big of a deal.  I just had to have a certain GPA and pay a fee, but I ROCKED both of those requirements.  Cory was able to go with me to the induction ceremony.  Since I am a member now I don't want to make fun of the ceremony, but it was...different...than I thought it would be.  I know that there are far weirder ceremonies and rituals that people do to enter into exclusive societies, and ours only included some candles, repeating some phrases in Spanish pledging our loyalty to the Society, and receiving a rose and certificate one by one.  However, when you can't light your candles because the fire code of the building you are in forbids it, and every minute or so they keep reminding you to pretend your candle is burning majestically, it is easy to not take it very seriously.   Nonetheless, I did it, and it is probably the closest thing to a college fraternity I will ever experience.  Here I am with aforementioned rose and certificate: 


No comments:

Post a Comment