Sunday, May 31, 2015

Jack's Baby Blessing

A week after driving 10 hours to Houston for Brett's wedding, I drove 8 hours north to Indianapolis for John Joseph Naylor VI's baby blessing.  Little Jack is the son of John Joseph Naylor V, my best friend and old roommate.  I was flying solo for this trip and so I indulged in my guilty pleasure road trip food: Mountain Dew and Cheetos.


On a side note, this was my first time in Kentucky (driving through) and Indiana.  I had no idea Kentucky was so beautiful.  At least Western Kentucky was.  I made it to Indiana and met Jack for the first time.  He was so tiny compared to Emmy.  I forgot that Emmy was that small once.


Joseph and I got in a round of golf on Saturday before the blessing on Sunday.  Joseph did a great job and I was honored to stand in the circle to bless Little Six.  After church, everyone got together for some good food and visiting.  Joseph's parents gifted him and Abbey all six John Joseph Naylors in chronological order. Pretty cool legacy!


I'm glad I was able to make it to the blessing.  The Naylors are a great little family.  Jack is cute and Joseph and Abbey are already great parents.  Hopefully Jack has the game someday to woo Emmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment