Friday, August 8, 2014

Mama and Papa Visit Memphis

Mom and Dad made their first trip to Memphis!  It was fun to have them come out and see where we have set up our new home.  They were nervous about the heat, but as they were getting off the plane, a huge rainstorm hit and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees.  Lucky them!  

Right from the airport we headed over the Uncle Lou's for some fried chicken.  My dad is somewhat fanatical when it comes to the Food Channel and Guy Fieri.  Well, Uncle Lou's lived up to the hype and we chowed down on some Sweet and Spicy Love tenders.  


During the weekend, we also took my parents to campus to show them where I would be going to school.


The Hawaiian Tiki tiger is one of my favorites on campus.


One of my new favorite places to eat in Memphis now is Central BBQ.  We heard from a few people that it might be the best in town.  I don't know if it is the best, but it was the best I have had.  It was delicious.  


After filling up at Central, we noticed that there was a tiger statue out front.  You know we can't pass up a tiger statue photo opportunity.


Of course one of the main reasons my parents wanted to come out was to see where their new granddaughter would be coming into the world.  They were also gracious enough to bring the teddy bear from my childhood years.  He is awesome, and I think our baby girl will also think he is awesome.


During the weekend we also headed to Graceland, which I will dedicate a separated post to, and did a whole lot of visiting at home.  Here is some proof that my parents actually came.  I just realized they aren't in any of the pictures above.  Here is Mama.


Before we took them to the airport, we ate lunch down on Beale Street.  It was fun to be down there around lunch time when it isn't so crowded with people.  We had one last meal at B.B. King's and then headed to Memphis International.


I am glad they were able to come out.  Next time they see me I will be a daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment