Friday, June 20, 2014

At Disneyland...Again

Fresh off of our vacation in Texas, we flew back out to California to spend a few days on the coast.  Of course, we had to spend a day at Disneyland!  This trip was going to be special, too, because Buzz would be coming with us.  Some of Jake's family work for Disney and so they were kind enough to get the three of us in the park for free.  We had planned to meet up with them in Downtown Disney, so we took a stroll while we waited and saw some pretty awesome Lego creations.  Here we are getting hugged by Lego Hulk.


Some of the Lego sculptures were actually pretty intricate and impressive. 


Once we were inside the park we headed down Main Street towards Sleeping Beauty's castle.  As many times as I have been to Disneyland, it never gets old to hear the music playing and see Mickey lead the marching band down the street.  I will admit, too, that from my father I inherited a love of giving tours.  Disneyland only indulges that trait of mine, because there is so much to point out and see.


It was a great day at the park.  I was really surprised that it wasn't crowded.  Most of the lines were only about 15 minutes long.  We basically got onto every ride that we wanted to.  Cory did great on her feet all day, and we made sure to get her a frozen lemonade when she wanted one.  Cory has never liked the big rides anyway, so the pregnancy didn't really stop her from going on the rides she wanted to.  As for the rest of the rides, Buzz went on them with me and we had a great time.  Here they are in line for Winnie the Pooh.  Buzz was rocking her sun hat all day.


I used to be the type of Disneyland guest that loved to get on as many rides as possible during the parades and shows, because lines are generally shorter while crowds gather to watch.  That all changed when I married Cory.  She loves the parades, and so we watch.  I actually have started to really like them again, too, plus Buzz had never seen it.


In the afternoon, we had pretty much ridden everything we wanted to in Disneyland, so we headed over to California Adventure.  We rode the Little Mermaid ride, and then Buzz and I rode the California Screamin' coaster.  I still had never ridden the Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land so I went and rode it as a single rider while the girls took a picture and watched a quick show.  They even saw Lightning McQueen drive down the street.


We did a few more things in California Adventure before heading back to Disneyland for some dinner.  We had already eaten corn dogs for lunch, and Blue Bayou was booked, so we headed to the Plaza Inn.


We ended the night watching the fireworks show, and Fantasmic!  I was VERY disappointed, though, that Tinkerbell didn't fly during the fireworks.  It actually was really bugging me for while, and I was brooding silently.  I had promised Buzz a Tinkerbell showing.  I don't think she even thought twice about it, in the end. Overall, it was a great day at the Magic Kingdom, and it was the baby's first trip! Sort of...

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Tinkerbell fly off the Matterhorn anymore, that would bum me out too.

    ReplyDelete