Friday, April 4, 2014

Tennessee Bound

Well, the month of March was an absolute whirlwind in the Gilmore home.  I started the month off with a weekend trip to Memphis, Tennessee for an interview with the University of Memphis.  I really enjoyed my time there and was really impressed with everyone I met at the University.  After the interviews, I met up with the Andersons for some Memphis BBQ.  It was delicious.  


It was also a mountain of food that I couldn't finish, so I had the leftovers for dinner in the hotel room.  In the following weeks I had more interviews, but only over the phone or Skype.  I found myself last week with multiple acceptance offers and the task of making a very important decision.  In January I had psyched myself out so much about getting into a program that I applied to over 10 places, and now in the end of March I felt blessed/silly that I had been accepted to 8 of them.  Great position to be in, but also stressful worrying about making the wrong decision.  So my family joined me in a fast and of all the places, Cory and I are super excited to announce we are heading to Memphis!  I personally feel really great about the decision, and while there were other great offers, I think Memphis is the next chapter for us.


So after making the decision I became infatuated with all things Memphis.  I read up on the city all the time and look up interesting facts.  I even went looking for a Memphis Grizzlies hat at the malls.  They didn't have any, but it's all good.  I already looked up tickets to a Grizzlies game and you can get tickets as cheap as $6.  That is what I am talking about.  Here is another classic reference to Memphis for your enjoyment.


Anyway, that is our March update!  I definitely have senioritis, and can't wait to graduate in three weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I was watching a Grizzlies game on tv last night and noticed some empty seats down towards the front and imagined us in them. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like Dad! Haha Miss you!

    ReplyDelete