Friday, April 25, 2014

Graduation

I am a college graduate!!!


This weekend I graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science.  I also minored in Spanish.  It was a little surreal during finals that my time at BYU was coming to a close, but when I walked across the Marriott Center as they called my name it kind of hit me like a wave of reality.  It's over.  A new chapter is starting.  I couldn't help but reflect on all that has happened to me in the last seven years since I graduated from high school.


Of course one of the most influential parts of that seven years was my two year mission to Argentina.  As Dad and I walked around snapping pictures, we couldn't pass up the chance to get a picture by the Argentine flag.  Those two years shaped who I am in a way I can't fully express on a blog.


Graduation was also a promise fulfilled to myself and my bros.  Back at 10 years old, Kyle and I committed to come to BYU together (Brett was going to go to the Air Force Academy, that jerk, but he later came to his senses and joined us in our goal) and here we are 15 years later on graduation day.  They both were commissioned as Second Lieutenants in the Air Force later that day, and report to pilot training later this summer.     


Of course, BYU's most valuable contribution to my life has to be my sweetheart, Cory.  We met here in Provo, and are now both BYU alumni!  She is more important to me than anything else I will be taking with me from my undergraduate career.  She and my parents have been my biggest supporters as I have finished up my degree and prepared to pursue further education in Memphis.


Her dad and grandma even came to celebrate with us for the weekend.  Jake and Anna also came to show their support.  Thanks guys!


Something I have inherited from my dad is that we both like to milk every nostalgic moment out of an experience, which is why we trekked around BYU campus taking pictures at every significant statue or sign.   

GO COUGARS!!!

1 comment: