Sunday, June 30, 2013

Did You Hear That?

I know that teasing your wife is a sign of immaturity, and I completely recognize and own that part of my being, but you cannot deny that it is sometimes too fun to pass up.  I tease Cory too much, but she handles it well.  One of my new favorite ways to tease her is at church.  (I know.  Worst time, worst place scenario.  It is a further confirmation of the growth I one day will need to suffer through.)  

Every once in a while during a talk or a lesson I have found it funny to lean over to Cory, nudge her, and say something like, "Are you listening?" or "Did you hear that?" as if to say that she needs to improve in that area or work on what the speaker just said.  It is usually when a speaker mentions something really obscure, or something that Cory clearly does not need to work on.  For example, today in Sacrament Meeting the speaker mentioned that we should always be friendly with people at church because the Spirit can guide us to lift another's burdens.  I immediately nudged Cory.  

For the record, I have never seen Cory be anything but friendly and pleasant to people at church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment