Friday, June 14, 2013

Day Off in Salt Lake

We love when we both have the same day off from work!  I have taken on extra hours for the summer at work, so we have even less time together during the week and like to capitalize when we can.  We decided to head north to Salt Lake for a temple excursion.  On the way we stopped at Fuji's Japanese Steakhouse for some Hibachi grilled goodness.  Cory loves these places, and I also have jumped on the bandwagon, plus Fuji's had an awesome lunch deal.  Cory sets super high expectations for the shows, and is usually let down, but we did get the classic flaming onion volcano!


Also, the rice at this Hibachi place was out of this world delicious.  I am not sure what the difference maker was, but we were inhaling it as soon as it hit our plates.  


As you can see on my plate, the rice was long gone before I got to the steak and veggies.  I was one happy camper.


We headed the last few minutes up to Salt Lake and were able to do a session in the temple.  Cory had never been inside, and I only have been once, so it was a great experience for both of us.  To see the workmanship of the pioneer saints inside was amazing as we noticed intricate details and were humbled by their dedication, sacrifice, and lack of power tools.  On our way out we decided we wanted a picture together in front of the temple, so we stood by the reflecting pool and waited...but it was so empty!  No one was around, which was so strange.  Finally some guy walked by and we asked him to assist us.  He hurriedly took the picture and then kept on his way.  This was the result:


Seriously?  We are standing in front of a giant majestic temple of God!!!  Didn't he think we may have wanted that in the picture.  Right before taking it he scooted in really close, and I thought to myself, "Weird...I don't think he can get the temple in the background."  I was right, and this picture just makes us laugh now.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment