Saturday, April 27, 2013

One Year Down...

Well, we made it.  On Saturday, Cory and I celebrated one year of marriage.  It flew by!  Seriously though, how did that happen?  It is one of those things where I feel like I have been with her for so long, but also our time together has been so quick.  Time flies when you're in love!  For our anniversary, we treated ourselves to a weekend in Park City.  It was great.  On Saturday we started the drive and stopped for lunch in Heber at the Dairy Keen.  Yeah...it is called Dairy Keen.  Very original.  Anyway, their signature burger is the Train Burger, which has a slice of ham on it.  That's what I got and it was good.  Before Cory graduated and did her internship at Jamestown, the residents would sometimes drive to Dairy Keen and get shakes, and then would rave about them.  I thought they were like most shakes I have had in my life, but it was a fun lunch anyway.


In Park City we stayed at the Newpark resort and hotel.  It was awesome!  First, it was cheaper than where we stayed in Salt Lake on our wedding night, and it was bigger.  We loved it.  It was basically like a little suite, complete with fireplace, and private hot tub on the balcony.


I was just going to take a picture of the hallway, when Cory, ever alert, sensed the camera on her and smiled.  She is always ready for a photo op.  


While in Park City we headed to the Tanger Outlets to do some shopping.  I got some new shoes and a hat, while Cory and I both got some perfume and cologne.  It was a pretty successful outing.  Here is Cory in front of the hotel when we were done shopping.


Our balcony had a great view of the mountains and we could even see the Olympic park.  The Newpark Hotel is part of the "resort", which basically consists of a pretty sizable shopping district which you can see looking out from our balcony.  I was just ready for the hot tub.


The hot tub actually sounded cooler than it actually was.  Overall, we spent about 20 minutes in it.  It was way too hot.  No matter how much we turned the setting down, it stayed at about 105 degrees, which wasn't necessary to us, but it was still a fun idea.


For dinner we headed down to Historic Main Street in Downtown Park City and ate at The Eating Establishment, which was delicious.  The street was almost deserted, but we didn't mind, the more alone time the better.


I am glad we picked The Eating Establishment because they didn't skimp on the portion sizes.  When I ordered onion rings, I didn't know they were going to give me more of that than of my actual entree.  We didn't file a complaint.


After dinner we walked up and down the street looking at the shops, though most were closed.  Those old historic fogies shut down early, but we did find a little ice cream place open to get dessert.


The Java Cow!  Who wouldn't want to get ice cream from a place with a life-size plastic cow in the middle of it?  


After that we headed back to the hotel for some romance...but we will keep it G rated.

1 comment: