Monday, November 19, 2012

What Happens in Vegas...

...lasts forever.


Over the weekend Cory, Buzz, and I headed to Vegas to attend Justin and Kasidy's wedding.  We headed down Saturday morning and made it in plenty of time for their 3:00 sealing in the Las Vegas temple, which is beautiful by the way.  It was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.  The sealing was awesome, and it made me think a lot about mine and Cory's.  There are a lot of amazing blessings promised to us.  Their reception had a picture timeline of their relationship and gave a shout-out to Cory as the one who introduced them, clearly establishing her as the most important and influential person in their lives...or something like that.


After the sealing as we waited for the happy couple to emerge we got to catch up with some good friends we haven't seen in a while.  Kylie is actually living in Vegas, and Steph is in San Francisco, and both are working real jobs...living in real life...


I have purposely only chosen pictures to post that show me from the ankle and up, because after 5 hours in the car I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to pack my dress shoes.  I had to wear my Nike's all day with my suit.  It wasn't that bad, (Cory was really bothered that my shoes were black and my belt was brown) and I didn't have a problem with it, but I just really didn't want anyone to think that I did it on purpose, so I tended to go out of my way to explain to people what had happened.  


Buzz did a REALLY great job at quickly snapping this photo even though the professional photographer was pretty adamant that there was no time for personal pictures because the sun was setting and their window of opportunity with the lighting was closing quickly.  No one tells The Old Buzzard when and where she is or isn't allowed to capture precious memories...


There are those Nike's...anyway, the reception was really nice, wasn't too long-wasn't too short.  The food was delicious.  I was eating like a king!  I may have eaten more than my fair share of pulled pork sandwiches.  The cake was...well...huge.  They will have plenty left over to live off of for the next few months.  The base of it is really where the volume was concentrated.  


A really fun part of their reception was that they had a photo booth set up to take pictures in, and everyone's pictures went into a scrapbook type deal for them to keep.  They also send a copy to your email account, which I greatly appreciated.


Here was our final product.  It is now hanging on a bulletin board in our apartment.   


So overall it was a fun trip, that mostly centered around Justin and Kasidy (appropriately).  However, we did end up with some time after the reception to grab a quick bite to eat.  My old roommate Joseph served his mission in Vegas and when I asked him if he could only eat one meal in Vegas where would he recommend, he didn't hesitate in saying "Raising Cane's".  We had never been, so we checked it out.  The whole place is dedicated to chicken fingers.  It was pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment