Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turkey Day!

So Thanksgiving break found Cory and I staying in Provo for the holiday.  My parents came into town as well, and Brett and Kyle Anderson joined us for our turkey dinner.  It was a total success.  Cory nailed her first official Thanksgiving dinner.  I was more than impressed at how organized and prepared she was.  She had an exact schedule printed out for us to follow, so that everything was made on time, and nothing was forgotten.  She even made appetizers before the actual dinner.  Some spinach and artichoke dip, sliced apples with caramel dip, and chocolate covered pretzels. 


So the only thing we didn't plan out very well was actually documenting through pictures the events of the day.  We have no pictures of the whole group, or the full spectrum of food we made, but these will have to do.  Here are the sweet potatoes, green beans, and cream corn.  It was delicious.


Here I am carving the bird.  First time...only cut myself four times.  Told everyone that it was just cranberry sauce on the meat...


And here is the last of the pictures from the day, when the turkey was fresh out of the oven.  Cory did pretty much everything, but I will say anyway that we are the perfect team.  It definitely felt like a rite of passage cooking our own dinner and hosting family and friends.  And on my honor I promise my parents, and Brett and Kyle were there, despite visual evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment