Monday, September 2, 2013

Adios, Muchachos

I knew this day would come.  I have officially taught my last day as a Spanish teacher at the MTC.  I definitely do not appreciate the magnitude of that last statement, yet.  I have been teaching missionaries in Spanish for almost three years, and it has been life-changing.  So many people have had an influence on me while in the Spanish area, from supervisors, to other teachers, and especially the missionaries.  

The good news is that I am staying at the MTC, but will be teaching English districts.  An opportunity came up to follow my Training Coordinator to a new area he will be supervising, assuring me a job until I graduate in April.  It is going to be a big change, for sure, but a good change.  It is kind of fitting, as well, that the last district I taught had missionaries going to the Buenos Aires West mission, which is where I served.  I had never taught missionaries going to my mission up to that point.  So Adios Elderes y Hermanas!  And Hello Elders and Sisters.  Here is a look back on the missionaries that I was fortunate enough to teach.  These are only districts that I was officially assigned to, and there were many more missionaries that I was blessed to work with.

L to R:  Elder North, Elder Porter, Elder Roberts, Elder Hutchinson, Me, Elder Steiner, Elder Collins, Elder Lammi, Elder Michael
My 17th and last Spanish district.

L to R:  Elder Drollinger, Elder Hale, Hna. Allen, Hna. Lee, Hna. Southwick, Hna. Lauaki-Sablan, Me, Elder Page, Elder Andrews
16th district.

L to R:  Elder Platt, Elder Hawks, Elder Meldrum, Hno. Albaugh, Elder Hales, Elder Burnell, Me, Elder Mathis, Elder Bonham, Elder Ricks, Elder White
15th district.

L to R:  Hna. Dunn, Hna. Sorensen, Elder Mowdy, Elder Rios, Elder Jacobsen, Elder Atkin, Elder Callister, Elder Urbina, Me, Elder Roundy, Elder Borsboom, Hna. Wright, Hna. Oldham
14th district.

L to R:  Back - Elder Packer, Elder Cotter, Hna. Brox, Elder Beard, Me, Elder Maddox, Hna. Taylor, Elder Shaw, Front - Elder Jackson, Hna. Beu, Hna. Castleton, Hna. Peterson, Hna. Rane
13th district.

L to R:  Back - Elder Knight, Elder Barker, Elder Nieves, Me, Elder Arnold, Elder Ferney, Elder Nielsen, Front - Hna. Hazelgren, Hna. Krage, Hna. Layton, Hna. Gimenes
12th district.

L to R:  Front-Elder Webb, Elder Tensmeyer, Elder Parry, Elder Christensen, Me, Elder Moore, Hna. Workman, Front-Elder Olsen, Elder Hyde, Hna. Ogletree, Hna. Hamblin
11th district.

L to R:  Elder Swenson, Elder Richards, Elder Smith, Elder Gabbitas, Elder Stott, Me, Elder Paredes, Elder Huber, Elder Call, Elder Yates, Not pictured-Elder Woods
10th district.

L to R:  Elder Sixta, Elder Bradshaw, Hna. Matthew, Hna. Johnson, Elder Pollard, Me, Elder Egbert, Elder Bauman, Hna. Morgan, Elder Rock
9th district.

L to R:  Elder Ready, Elder Anderson, Elder Barrie, Elder Barrett, Me, Elder Dalton, Elder Sullivan, Hna. Bundy, Hna. Magoon, Hna. Williams, Hna. Flake
8th district.

L to R: Back- Elder Burger, Elder Rodgers, Elder Brown, Elder Huff, Elder Hadley, Elder Sines, Front- Elder Dias, Elder Bauer, Elder Billy
7th district.

L to R: Elder Strong, Elder Wynn, Elder Ika (crouching), Elder Holley, Elder Jones, Elder Oveson, Elder Durrant
6th district.

L to R, and Front to Back:  Elder Cowden, Elder Belliston, Elder Berlin, Elder Anderson, Elder Fry, Elder Beard, Elder Warner, Elder Baker, Elder Bowes
5th district...I can't find my picture with them anywhere, so I stole this off of Facebook.  It will have to do.  They are home now.

Back L to R:  Hno. Hollenbaugh, Elder Bliss, Elder Leavitt, Elder Hull, Me, Elder Tanner, Elder Guadagnin, Elder Allen Front L to R:  Elder Petersen, Elder Harward, Elder Larson, Elder Harris
4th district.  Home now.

Back L to R:  Hno. Hollenbaugh, Elder Gravelle, Elder Mikesell, Elder Daniel, Elder Alder, Elder Rapp, Me, Elder Sonderegger  Front L to R:  Hna. Jensen, Hna. Pixton, Hna. Bingham, Hna. Vaughan
3rd district.  All home.

L to R: Elder Saifoloi, Elder Hall, Elder Miller, Elder Hunter, Elder Rawlins, Me, Elder Archibald, Elder Day, Elder Allen
2nd district.  All home.

L to R: Elder Lundskog, Elder Kitchen, Elder Scoma, Elder Rasmussen, Me, Elder Forkey, Elder Stewart, Hna. Evans, Hna.  Perkins, Hna. Ollerton
My very 1st district.  They are all home now.

I am ready to make some new memories with missionaries speaking the language of the Restoration!

1 comment:

  1. What a great work you do to prepare these missionaries to serve. ¡que bueno!

    ReplyDelete