Friday, May 24, 2013

24 on the 24th!!!

Happy Birthday to me!!!  May 24th was my 24th birthday.  Do you realize that only happens once in a lifetime?  Cory did a great job at helping me realize what a momentous occasion it was, and I was introduced to the term "golden birthday".  She spent weeks brainstorming and planning the party and then hours on top of that to make all the decorations and food.  She is so great at entertaining.  One of her many talents.  We staked out a spot at Rock Canyon park, and with Anna's help, the decorations were up and we were ready to party! 


It was such a nice day and Provo is so green right now.  We couldn't have asked for better conditions.  Cory also made a cool display of some pictures of me from my younger years between a couple of trees.


Not only were the decorations awesome, but the food was good, too.  We decided to keep it simple and grill some hot dogs, but Cory also made an impressive lemon cake (my favorite) for us to enjoy.


Here is the spread of food.  Even though it was so simple, Cory found a way to make it look awesome!


In a surprise turn of events, my parents decided they would make some time to come down for the party and celebrate with us.  That meant one thing: presents.  I got a lot of movies, 1776 (the book), some vinylmations, and a sweet Mike Trout Angels jersey.  Thanks parental units!


All my fellow Forbidden Fruits were there, as well as Tyler and Emma Sabey, so we had a few games planned.  The hula-hooping contest was harder than I thought it would be.


But after we had a good old fashioned egg toss.  The egg toss is my event, I have hands like rolls of toilet paper, but I have never done one with Cory, so I was praying the chemistry was there like it is for everything else we have ever done together.


The competition was pretty stiff for a few tosses, but in the end, we could not be denied.  The Gilmore's took home first place.  Further confirmation of us being meant to be together.


It was a great birthday, and I was glad I have such a sweet wife, loving family, and awesome friends.



Here is the video of me trying to take down my pinata.  It was a pretty efficient outing.


No comments:

Post a Comment