Sunday, January 20, 2013

Uno

Cory and I like to play games together.  We play the card game "Uno" and it can get competitive.  Here is a play by play of tonight's round:  

Cory had two cards left, and I had three.  She played one of her cards and appropriately shouted, "UNO!"  Usually when one of us only has a single card left, the other tries to change the color and guess which one the potential winner does not have in their hand.  

This particular round was no different.  After her shout, I started to play a wild card I had in my hand.  Before I could lay it down though, Cory, in a spirit of friendly competition, started waving her card in my face while chanting, "You don't know what this is!  You don't know what this is!"  

In her excitement of being on the cusp of victory, she must have flexed her finger muscles a little too vigorously, because the card bent between her fingers and then rocketed across the table and landed in my lap.  Blue 6.  

There were a few moments of silence.  I looked up at Cory and we just stared at each other.  Then we erupted into laughter.  I changed the color to yellow.


3 comments:

  1. BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA i could literally see this being played out in my mind!! HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have Cory tell you the little lecture I had to give the girls (it was really for Cory, though) before we played games.

    ReplyDelete