Saturday, January 19, 2013

Like Dominoes...

My former roommates are falling like dominoes into the holy institution of matrimony.  Shane was the next to follow my lead. (I'm such a trend-setter)  He and his sweetheart Jenna were married on January 19th in the Mount Timpanogos temple.  It was awesome.  It was fun to see Shane's family, and translate what they were saying to friends who had never met them before.  Cory couldn't be there because she had to work a huge bridal fair in Salt Lake.  This was unfortunate for two reasons: 1. I have gotten used to Cory being with me, especially at big events, and I just don't like flying solo anymore.  I carpooled  with Joseph, but it wasn't the same...   2. She wasn't there to snap candid pictures like at Joseph and Abbey's wedding, so I don't have any pictures.  So I just stole one from Shane's Facebook.   The happy couple!


Once they get more pictures that prove I was actually there I might post them.  Besides the decision to get married in the temple, the greatest choice they ever made was to have a luncheon reception at La Jolla Groves at the Riverwoods.  It was absolutely amazing.  Every piece of food that entered my mouth was pure joy.  I'm talking nectar of the gods here people.  Anyways, one of my precious memories of the day was when the fathers were saying a few words.  Jenna's dad gave a great little speech, and then Shane's dad said, "Well I think it's about time we started eatin'!"  (laughter)  This was followed closely by, "Ya'll wouldn't understand anything I said anyway..."  That was only one of many classic Cason quotes from the day.  

Congrats to Shane and Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment