Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

I am not a huge Halloween fan.  So to help Sean and I get in the Halloween spirit, since we had bought a pumpkin in hopes of carving it, we decided to organize a little Halloween gathering.

One thing I really love about Sean is how good of a friend he is and how important his friends are to him.  He likes to find excuses to spend time with his friends and this was another good reason to get together.

We planned a pumpkin carving date and invited our friends to bring a pumpkin to carve and just hang out.
Sean and I brought hot chocolate and donuts and everyone brought their own pumpkin and carving tools.

To be honest, I have never actually carved a pumpkin from beginning to end.  I always became uninterested when it came to pulling out all the nasty goop inside.  I also seemed to never know what to carve, I definitely don't have a creative bone in my body.

Sean and I definitely got a slow start, and even though our pumpkin was all cleaned out we had no clue what to carve.  it seemed everyone else had brought little sketches to trace, or had a very clear idea of what they wanted.  We were stumped, and were going no where.

Sean looking a little scared!

The finished product was so cute, and a true team effort!  Happy Mickey Halloween!

Turned out so great, lovin it!
Now all the candids that Sean took.  You guys can thank him for these later I am sure!

Excited to start carving
Kathryn and Mat carving carefully, and Nick watching Bachelorette episodes on his phone, I think.
Very strategic carving.  These two really put in some work on this pumpkin.
Planning very carefully (it ended up with ears, way fun!)
All the finished pumpkins!  So fun and super creative!


It all turned out so cute!

...and this guys is pretty cute too!
Thanks to everyone who made it a fun night, it was so fun to see everyone.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment