Sunday, December 7, 2014

Emmy's Baby Blessing

The reason all our family came into town came on Sunday morning when Emmy Rae Gilmore was blessed.  She wore a dress my Grandma Sherry made, that my sister, Lacey, was blessed in when she was a baby.  She was a good girl all morning as everyone was getting ready.


Walking into the church building, I was getting slightly nervous.  I blessed Emmy, and while I had plenty of time to prepare my mind for the occasion, I didn't know exactly what I was going to say.  


Despite my nerves, I think the blessing went really well.  Emmy slept through the whole thing, which was convenient, and she made it through most of Sacrament meeting before waking up.  We wrapped her in the same blanket I was wrapped in as a baby.

L to R: Bishop Jon Pennington, Andy Anderson, Grandpa Mike Gilmore, Daddy, Joseph Naylor, Steven Skovran
We are grateful to those who helped me bless Emmy, especially to my dad, longtime family friend Andy Anderson, and my BFFL Joseph, who all traveled (some further than others) to be a part of the blessing.


We were glad that parts of our families could come as well.  Here we are with Grandma Buzz.


Grandpa Mike and Grandma Page


Auntie Lacey and Rhiannon


We really were glad that Joseph and his wife, Abbey, made the trip out from Washington D.C.  They are six months pregnant with their little boy, and we are so excited for them!


The whole gang


Thanks to everyone who came out for Emmy's blessing.  It was a special day for our family.  Emmy let us know afterward in private that she really appreciated the turnout.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful day you must have had, thanks for sharing it with us through photos and your wonderful story telling skills.

    ReplyDelete